The Human Race
Your Race. Your Cause.
Jacksonville's Community-Driven Race!
5K Walk & Run
1 Mile Fun Run
Saturday, April 4, 2015
St. Johns Town Center
Could your place of business use an awesome team-building excercise? You can join the Human Race! There a couple of ways you can participate:
1. Invite your employees, co-workers, family and friends to come out on April 4th to join you as a race participant. You can all select the same nonprofit to support with a portion of your registration fee - or each select as you choose. If you already support an organization, check to see if they are participating. If so, simply enourage your supporters to select their name from the drop down menu at registration. If they are not signed up to participate, you can direct them to this page where they can learn how to sign up. Remember - the deadline is February 28th for nonprofits to sign up, so have them act quickly! We've even created a special HOW TO Packet for Corporate Team Captains!
CORPORATE TEAM INSTRUCTIONS
2. Become a sponsor for The Human Race. Get great publicity and secure a number of complimentary entries.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about your business participating in The Human Race!
Calling all Nonprofits! Does your agency, school group, youth group or civic organzation need to raise funds? The Human Race is a no-risk, no-cost opportunity to do just that! The sooner you join, the sooner you can start making money!
SIGN UP YOUR NONPROFIT ORGANIZATION
There are 2 ways to raise funds.
1) All nonprofits are invited to participate. Simply register your organization and mobilize your supporters and volunteers to team up to raise sponsorship funds.
2) HandsOn Jacksonville partner agencies also have the opportunity to be included in the drop-down menu on the race registration form. When your supporters click on your agency, you receive a percentage of of the registration fee! HandsOn Jacksonville partners receive 50%; non-partners receive 30%.
If you're not a current Nonprofit Partner Member of HandsOn Jacksonville,
click here to join today!
MARKETING TOOLKIT FOR PARTICIPATING NONPROFITS
Questions? Contact Ashley Szczukowski, Corporate Partnerships Director.
Registration to Walk or Run in The Human Race
Now until March 30 - $40
March 31 - April 3 - $45
Race Day - $50
1 Mile Fun Run - $24 at all times
Select a participating nonprofit from the registration dropdown menu and they will receive a percentage of your fee! (50% for HandsOn Jacksonville Nonprofit Partners and 30% for all other nonprofits)
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO
RUN OR WALK IN THE HUMAN RACE
When you register for The Human Race, you will also be entered into the Birdies for Charity contest to win a cash prize of $5,000! If you win, HandsOn Jacksonville will also win a $5,000 prize!
The race will start and finish near Barnes and Noble in the St. Johns Town Center located just off Butler Blvd. at Gate Parkway.
2015 Participating Nonprofits
The Adoption Authority
Aging True Community Senior Services
American Red Cross
Beaches Habitat for Humanity
Blessing Ohters All The Time
City Year Jacksonville
Cruising with Autism, Inc.
DEEN Development Corp
Dignity U Wear
Emergency Pregnancy Services
Episcopal Children's Services
Family Support Services of North Florida
Gateway Community Services
Girl Power 2 Cure
Grace Ministry of Helping Hands
Guardian ad Litem Foundation of Florida's First Coast
First Coast Inc.
The H.I.L.L. of Northeast Florida
Hope at Hand
JT Townsend Foundation
Jacksonville Tamil Mandram
Susan G. Komen North Florida
LaVilla SOTA Drama Booster
Learn to Read, Inc.
Lutheran Social Services of NE FL
MaliVai Washington Youth Foundation
Museum of Science and History
New Heights of Northeast Florida
North Florida Dolphin and Manatee Conservancy Inc.
Operation New Uniform
Project Linus Jax
Seven Bridges School
UCOM UrbanServ, Inc.
UF Health Jacksonville Center for Autsim and Related Diseases
Volunteers in Medicine
Women's Center of Jacksonville
Youth Crisis Center
The Human Race is a great place to showcase your organization or business.
Booths for Nonprofits
Booth space is 10’ X 10’ and provides a location for your participants to meet, as well as share information about your organization with others.
Deadline to apply for booth space is
Booths for Businesses
Booth space fee for corporate partners is $525 and includes one 8’ table and 2 chairs and a Scamper Sponsorship level with company logo on t-shirts and 1 sign along the route.There will be no refunds for cancellations.
- Booth space fee for nonprofit organizations is $250 and includes one 8’ table and 2 chairs. HOJ agency members may have booth space for $50 to include 8’ table and 2 chairs. There will be no refunds for cancellations.
- Set-up info will be provided before or morning of race day, including the vehicle parking area and where to meet to receive table location. Vehicles should not be in the event area so park first.
- A specific space will be designated for each organization. Tables and chairs will be set up for you between 6:00 and 6:30. Plan on having your booth ready for visitors by 7 AM. Booth should be manned throughout the race and awards ceremony which follows. Space should be left as you found it by 10:00 AM.
- Selling and distribution of materials by individual organizations is allowed in booth space only.
- You may bring a tent/canopy (no larger than 10’ x 10’) if desired.
- Electricity will not be available. Gasoline generators are not allowed.
- Logo giveaways or freebies such as pens, pencils, buttons, sunscreen packets or magnets are welcome.
- All personnel staffing booths must complete a hold harmless agreement before setting up booth space (available at check in)
- Please remember that we are renting this space and the store employees will need access to their stores before 10:00 to prepare for the day.