Training & Workshops
If you are considering serving on a nonprofit board of directors and want to learn how to do so effectively, or currently serve and want to increase your skills and knowledge, you'll definitely want to take this workshop. In just 3 hours you'll
- increase understanding of the role of the nonprofit board of directors
- identify qualities that make a board effective and barriers that limit board effectiveness
- identify and explore the board's fiduciary, financial and programmatic responsibilities
- identify and explore the corporate and individual duties of board members
- learn the relationship between the board, the staff, and the executive
2014 Sessions are all on Wednesdays from 3:00 - 6:00 p.m.
- $90 for general registration.
- HandsOn Jacksonville volunteers who are registered on this website and have volunteered and our nonprofit agency partners receive a 50% discounted rate of $45.
- Special group rates for individualized group sessions may be negotiated. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Nonprofit Partner Flexible Group Attendance Pricing
Purchase 20 slots for staff or volunteers to attend any of the scheduled sessions for the year for $525.00. Contact email@example.com for more details.
For an even more in-depth board leadership training experience, you may want to check out Blueprint for Leadership!
How much does training really matter? You might be interested in this article from The Chronicle of Philanthropy: Do We Expect Too Much from Boards?
This workshop is perfect for anyone who runs a volunteer program for a nonprofit, manages volunteer activities through churches or civic organizations, or is responsible for managing a corporate volunteer program. When completed you will be awarded a certificate from Volunteer Florida, The Governor's Commission on Volunteerism and Community Service. On three consecutive Wednesday's (2 modules each day) you'll cover a full range of topics that will build your confidence to create an outstanding volunteer program.
- Understanding Volunteering
- Planning Your Volunteer Program
- Recruiting and Placing Volunteers
- Orienting and Training Volunteers
- Supervising Volunteers
- Evaluating Your Volunteer Program
2014 course TBA soon
Do you want to make positive community change through leadership? This free course will prepare you to lead groups of volunteers in meaningful community service projects that we help develop with our nonprofit partner agencies. In three hours you'll learn
- about the nonprofit partners we work with
- how to select and/or design projects to lead
- how to recruit volunteers
- how to manage projects using our technology